The Church of the Transfiguration is part of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America, a member of the world-wide Anglican Communion with which we share traditions of faith and order. The Episcopal Church has its origins in the Church of England which in turn has its roots in early Church. Our traditions include attitudes that are Protestant and Catholic, ancient and reformed, liberal and conservative.
The Episcopal Church is a place where we are encouraged to ask questions and to explore our faith together. We confirm our faith in balance of
- The Holy Scripture
- The teachings of those who have gone before us
- Reason, God’s continuing revealing of God’s self to us as tested in the community of faith, with whom we learn and share in our spiritual growth together.
As members of the Episcopal Church of the USA, we are part of the Diocese of New Hampshire.
The mission of the Episcopal Church in the Diocese of New Hampshire is:
- to proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ;
- to seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbors as ourselves;
- to strive for justice and peace among all people, respecting the dignity of every human being.